This website uses a few terms, the scope of which are detailed herein:
A video creation falls under the category of movie if either of the following conditions are met:
• The video is released in theatres for public viewing (Falls into the category of "Released Movies")
• The video was created with the purpose of releasing in theatres for public viewing, but not released (Falls into the category of "Unreleased Movies")
• The video was submitted to the Central Board of Film Certification for censorship as a movie.
• Songs of the movie were released, but further progress of the movie did not happen, i.e., no video production was ever done.
• The video was first released in a TV Channel, but the duration of the movie is between 120 minutes and 180 minutes, which was telecasted in a single stretch.
• The original movie was created in some other language, but was re-dubbed in Malayalam for release in theatres, Television Channels, or Internet by the original movie producers, copyright holders or their representatives. (Falls into the category of "Dubbing Movies").
A music creation is included as a movie song if it falls on any of the following categories:
• The song was included in the Gramaphone Disc, LP Disc, Audio Cassette, Optical Disc, or other such official media released to the public by the movie producers or their representatives.
• The song was recorded in a recording studio as a part of music recording (with or without background score) for the movie, but not while dubbing.
• The song was first included in some other movie, but was re-created (fresh singing or re-composed) for this particular movie.
• The song was first included in some other movie, but was included in this particular movie by giving credits in the title, or as a note of thanks.
• The song was first included in some other movie, and the original song was included in this particular movie in full or more than half, but not as a song sung by an actor / actress during dubbing.
• The song was first included in some other movie, and a remix of the same was included in this movie.
• The song is NOT an old or existing song heard in the background of the movie from a radio, television, etc.
Thus, a character in a movie who sings a few lines of a song casually, and which was recorded during dubbing, is not included as a song. Likewise, songs played in the background in radios, TVs, etc. in the movie are also not included.
Actor / Actress
A person is added as an actor or actress in a movie if he / she appears in the movie directly, alive or dead. This is AGAINST the general rule where the person should have a dialog, or a character name in the movie. However, where only photographs of a person are shown, such persons are not included in the cast of the movie.